Two Sizes of Gentle Roller felt rolling machines:
The Gentle Rolling Company offers two sizes of Gentle Roller machines. the GR1100 which uses a roller that is 110cm wide and the GR1400 which uses a roller that is 140 cm wide. The machine’s total size is about 20 cm more wide.
Each felt rolling machine comes complete with the all-purpose central drive roller plus three (3) idle rollers.
The latest Gentle Roller felt rolling machine offers the following features:
- Patented oscillating drive motion.
- Patented nuanced control over speed, forward and reverse rotations and number of cycles.
- Patented all-purpose Drive Roller for holding your felt bundle and 3 Idle Rollers for side and top loading.
- NEW! Exclusive design aluminium core Idle Roller for greater stiffness and improved roller contact during felting.
- Patented gravity loaded idle rollers are safe for the user or prying little fingers.
- Quick flick security lock keeps your Drive Roller or Fulling Drum in place while working.
- The new multilingual display panel now features 5 languages – English, French, Spanish, Italian, German.
- Limited time – Free – set hook and loop elastic straps (six straps per set).
- Limited time – Free – small, medium and large fulling bags.
- Discounted Super-soft Drive Roller – please add to cart separately.
We strongly advice the Fulling Drum as add on to the base machine. Not only is fulling (the last part of the felting process) a repetitive and relatively “uncreative” process but the Gentle Roller with fulling drum can speed up the process significantly compared to hand fulling.
The Fulling drum is an additional large drum that can be inserted into the Gentle Roller, replacing the driver roll. The Gentle Roller than replicates the shaking and kneading movement of hand fulling by oscillating the pre-felted project back and forth in programmed rhythms.
Increase your Machine Rolling efficiency
If you are a prolific felter, or looking for maximum efficiency when felting, you can add a second drive roller to increase your felting efficiency by up to 100%.
There are two options for an second or accessory drive roller: While an all-purpose drive roller can do just about anything, a super-soft drive roller is specifically designed for very fine nuno items and heavily textured items.
If you have any questions regarding the Gentle Roller please contact The Gentle Roller company using their contact us page.